CBD FOR SENIORS
As beneficial as CBD could be to seniors, it is difficult to make them understand that it is never the devil's weed as they conceive it to be. As stuck and stubborn as elders may seem in their routine and inability to welcome new ideas, there is a way this issue of cannabis can be presented to them in a catchy and convincing way. There is a way to make them test cannabis at first to see the results.
It is difficult to combat the years of misinformation and the negative stereotypes in elders as you will need a lot of information about CBD and its potential benefits. You will also need to get prepared to debunk their cultural mythology surrounding CBD and its use. Another major thing to clarify to make parents or elders try CBD is that CBD oils, edibles, balms, and tinctures will not make them high. CBD, on the other hand, has been used in the past to treat depression, inflammation, anxiety, and insomnia successfully.
SOME BENEFITS OF CBD TO SENIORS OR ELDERS ARE:
- 1.Possible relief for Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can be weakening. However, CBD's potential anti-inflammatory effects could be of help in treating the underlying inflammation of joint and bone disease. More also, CBD's analgesic properties make interactions with the neurotransmitters of the body to alter pain messages. CBD can help arthritis when taken orally or applied as a cream to relieve musculoskeletal pain.
- 2.Alzheimer's & Dementia
- CBD's anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties act on tissues to counteract inflammation and also protect against further deterioration. It eliminates the toxic proteins that cause the damage of Alzheimer's disease, regenerates cells that are damaged, and reduces brain cell inflammation. CBD helps to soothe agitation and anxiety, which is often experienced in the later stages of the disease.
- Seniors are majorly at risk of loss of appetite, which is a serious problem for them. Disinterest in eating can lead to loss of weight, malnutrition, bone and muscle loss, as well as resulting mental issues. CBD that is hemp-based such as marijuana has shown to be a stimulant of appetite for seniors and helps them in maintaining adequate nutrition.
- 4.Cardiovascular disease
- CBD helps deal with the underlying vascular inflammation that plays a role in hypertension and cardiovascular disease. CBD regimen has the potential to reduce heart attack risk and stroke. A few pieces of evidence have shown that CBD may mitigate post-stroke cerebral inflammation and is also beneficial for recovery.
- As one advance in age, deep sleep becomes a luxury. Although in a deep sleep, our brains get regenerated and eliminate toxins our bodies produce, more extended sleep begins to become hard to get. Doctors may begin to prescribe potentially addictive sleeping medications; giving CBD to parents can avoid addictive medications and help seniors improve sleep quality. Sleep quality is vital to prevent neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's and glaucoma. CBD can extend sleep and adjust the sleep cycle.